The loan is available to youth who wish to start or expand businesses
About The Loan
VUKA is available to youth who wish to start or expand businesses. Applicants may use the loan for working capital or to purchase income generating assets.
Vuka Start Up
- Advanced to youth with alternative verifiable income and business plan.
- Youth can access up to Kshs. 500,000.
- The loan is fully secured by conventional security.
Vuka Expansion Loan
- From Kshs. 100,000 to Kshs. 5,000,000.
- Attracts an interest of 6% and a one-off management fee of 1% netted off from the loan at disbursement.
- Grace period of one month.
- Loan of Kshs. 100,000 will be secured using chattels, stock and business assets. Loan above Kshs. 100,000 will be secured by conventional security.
Vuka Asset Financing
- The Fund will finance 70% of the value of the assets/equipment being purchased.
- Additional security will be provided in addition to the asset financed.
- Loans of Kshs. 100,000 will be secured using chattels, stock, business assets and/or guarantees. Loans above Kshs. 100,000 will require conventional security.
- In the case of motor vehicles, the Fund will finance up to 90% of the value of motor vehicles (including PSVs, tuktuks & motorcycles) being purchased and must be new. Used motor vehicles shall not exceed 8 years of age. The financed motor vehicle will be fitted with a tracking device and comprehensively insured.
|Up to kshs. 100,000||2 years|
|Up to kshs. 300,000||3 years|
|Up to kshs. 500,000||4 years|
|Up to kshs. 1000,000||5 years|
|Above 1000,000||6 years|
- In case of partnerships, 70% of the partners should be between 18-34 years.
- Borrower will bear all costs such as insurance, security perfection, valuation, registration of charge/chattel and legal fees.