DSP Mid Cap Fund Summary
Launched on 14th November 2006, is the open ended scheme to achieve long term capital appreciation by investing in a portfolio that is substantially constituted of equity and equity related securities of midcap companies.
Portfolio Diversification (as on 30th September, 2020)
|Industrial Capital Goods||1.68%|
Top 10 Holdings (as on 30th September, 2020)
|IPCA Laboratories Limited||5.24%|
|Balkrishna Industries Limited||4.01%|
|Manappuram Finance Limited||3.72%|
|Coromandel International Limited||3.47%|
|Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company Limited||3.31%|
|Supreme Industries Limited||3.15%|
|The Ramco Cements Limited||3.12%|
|AIA Engineering Limited||3.10%|
DSP Mid Cap Fund Performance
Performance (as on 30th September, 2020)
|Period||Fund Return||Benchmark Return|
The primary investment objective is to seek to generate long term capital appreciation from a portfolio that is substantially constituted of equity and equity related securities of midcap companies. From time to time, the fund manager will also seek participation in other equity and equity related securities to achieve optimal portfolio construction.
DSP Mid Cap Fund Management
The fund has been managed by:
- Mr. Vinit Sambre, having work experience of 21 years and managing this scheme since July 2012. Previously, he was with DSP Merrill Lynch as a part of its Global Private Client business. Prior to DSP Merrill Lynch, he was employed with IL&FS Investsmart Limited as an Equity Analyst in their PMS division. He is a Chartered Accountant from Institute of Chartered Accountant of India.
- Mr. Resham Jain, having work experience of 12 years and managing this scheme since March 2018.Prior to joining DSP, he worked for B&K Securities (I) Private Limited, Jaihind Projects Ltd & Arvind.
- Mr. Jay Kothari, having work experience of 16 years and managing this scheme since March 2018. Also he is a Dedicated Fund Manager for overseas investments. Prior to joining DSPIM; Jay worked for Standard Chartered Bank for a year in the Priority Banking division. Jay completed his Bachelor of Management Studies (Finance & International Finance) from Mumbai University, followed by an MBA in Finance from Mumbai University.
Important Measures (As on 30th September, 2020)
Benchmark Index: Nifty Midcap 100 (TRI)
Net AUM: ₹ 8,274 crore
Expense Ratio: Regular- 1.91% Direct- 0.96%
Entry Load: NA
Exit Load: 1% if redeemed on or before 12 months from the date of allotment.
Portfolio Turnover Ratio: 0.17
NAV (in Rs) *As per fund fact sheet 30th September, 2020
Investment Risk: Moderately High
Minimum SIP amount: ₹ 500
Minimum investment amount (Lumpsum): ₹500
Scheme suitable only if you are an investor-
- Looking for long term capital appreciation
- Who Invest predominantly in Equity and Equity related portfolio of DSP mid cap companies.
DSP MID CAP FUND has mainly midcap orientation with little exposure to large cap and a tiny exposure to small cap. This fund is good for investors who are willing to invest for longer period of time that is at least 3 years. This mutual fund has provided better returns as compared to its peers in last 5 years and also the standard deviation is less as compared to oth8er funds which indicates that the portfolio is less volatile and provides consistent returns.
Mr Vineet Sambare is handling this fund since July 2012 and had been quite consistent till now in delivering returns which brings standard deviation lower compared to peers. This fund has quite extensively diversified its portfolio. This open-ended equity scheme is best suited for the investors who are seeking long term capital growth and investment in equity and equity related securities predominantly of mid cap companies.
DSP Mutual Fund was set up as a trust under the Indian Trust Act, 1882. The sponsors to the Fund are DSP ADIKO Holdings Pvt. Ltd and DSP HMK Holdings Pvt. Ltd. DSP Investment Managers Pvt. Ltd. is the asset management company to the Fund. DSP Trustee Pvt. Ltd. acts as the trustee to the Fund.
Address: NATRAJ, Office No. 302, 3rd Floor, Plot No – 194, MV Road Junction, Western Express Highway, Andheri (East) – 400069, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Phone No: 044-6136-0066 / 1800-208-4499 / 1800-200-4499
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us at the office
Trailor- Verkamp street no. 63, 81415 Zagreb, Croatia
Give us a ring
+38 695 645 231
Mon - Fri, 8:00-22:00